Working from home
There are many good reasons why many people prefer to work from the comforts of their home. Most individuals who do this are those who are working remotely. However, there are valid reasons why they prefer working from home:
1. No time to waste in commuting – studies have shown that due to the worsening traffic conditions worldwide have caused loss in terms of money since employees’ attendance have become a serious problem. When employees cannot come to work on time, their productivity is also compromised. Employees will also save money in gas and/or public transportation. In terms of productivity, studies have also shown that people tend to be 13% more productive when they are working at home as compared to those who are in-office.
2. Employees are happier – many people are now talking about work-life balance. There are even seminars about work-life balance. Workers lose a lot of their quality time with their families because of office work. In most cases, even if the employee stays in the office for only 8 hours daily, they come home tired and stressed out for many reasons. These include the stressful office environment, colleagues, and the traffic condition. So working from home have solved this problem in such way that the stress level that you daily receive from the office is lessened and that you will have more time with yourself and your family.
3. Power of the internet – nowadays, the internet is a very powerful tool in gathering information and communication. Unlike before, employees really need to go to the office so that they may be able to get all the data they need for their work. Now with the use of certain applications and tools, you need not worry in getting the things you need for your work.
4. Save a lot of money – aside from the money that you can save from transportation, you may also need less office space or not at all. In that case the money that you save can be used in other more important things such as travel expense and other work related matters.
5. If you are the employer, your employees will love you – just a simple logic...happy employees will stay. Studies have shown that employees are happier when working at home due to many benefits. In that case, employees tend to be more loyal to the company and will be more productive. Employees will be able to provide you with more good quality of work since they are more relaxed.
Home office ideas that you will love
Working from home is becoming a trend nowadays due to many good reasons. Likewise, many businessmen either work from home all day or work even when they are not in the office. When it comes to working at home, there are many benefits, as well as some challenges such as focusing and being productive. This is true especially if you have kids at home and you are trying to work in the bedroom or in the living room. You may find it hard to concentrate and focus on your work.
Having your own separate work area or work space at home can be the most important key factor in order for you to be able to work properly and producing good quality of work and at the same time having the privacy that you needed in order to accomplish your assigned tasks.
Many of us do not have the designated space in our home to be converted into a work space, but if you have one then you would not have that much problem in utilizing that space. For those of us who do not have that space in our homes, here are some awesome home office ideas that you will find very useful to enjoy the benefits of working from your home.
1. Corner spot – adding a small desk or computer table beside the window of your bedroom or any room in your house can create a fun and brilliant work space. Just add some decorations such as plants and flowers to make it more vibrant as well as benefiting from the psychological and physical effects of plants.
2. Customizing your work space – another fun home office idea is by customizing or personalizing your work space. By adding design and/or decorations that would help you focus more in your work will do the trick. You can use a vision board to help you be inspired and focused in your work.
3. Using the closet – who says that the closet are for clothes only? With a little imagination and creativity you can transform your closet into a small work space. You can likewise customize it so that working would be fun.
4. Wall mounted desk – another innovative home office idea is by utilizing the wall. Most of us do not have extra room which you can transform into an office, but you nay have a blank wall space that you can use. A wall mounted desk can create your ideal work space and at the same time you will have one less blank wall space.
5. Office in the attic – only possible of you have an attic in your house. You can use the attic as your personal work space, and just add the things that you need, such as desk, chair, shelves, and the likes. Personalize it so that it will be more inspiring to work. Do not forget to use bright colors to make the room more lively and vibrant.
6. Organizers – for you to prevent or minimize the clutter in your work space, you may use baskets or boxes as organizers for your office stuffs. At the same time, hope that you will be able to maintain the clutter less environment of your office.
Remember that these are just home office ideas to help you in having your own work space at home. You can come up with your own design and style as long as they may be able to help you get focused and motivated in your work. Working is more fun at home and not to mention the practicality of it in terms of time and money.